LHS Counseling & Social Work Department
Welcome to the Liberty High School Counseling & Social Work
Department where we are committed to fostering the academic,
personal, and post-secondary growth of every student!
Here to serve our virtual and hybrid students!
***ATTENTION 8th-11th GRADE STUDENTS: The system to enter classes for next year has been shut off. For students who did not/were not able to enter their classes, when you meet with a LHS counselor, they will do it for you.
Monday, April 12, 2021
1. Summer School 2021
Students interested in summer school will be able to enroll starting March 1st until April 30th. The summer school class offerings can be found via the class catalog and please review the summer school quick reference sheet. Students may enroll for up to two courses. Please visit the LPS summer school website!
2. ICare4Kids-Free Eye Exam and Glasses!
3. Student Ambassadors Interviews!
Thank you to the students who applied to be student ambassadors. We will review applications and email students who are moving to the next phase to interview which will be held via zoom on April 14th. Please check your student email for more details and to sign up.
4. Senior Academic Signing Ceremony
Hello Seniors! The Senior Academic Signing Program has become a tradition at Liberty High School and is intended to recognize those students who receive academic scholarships and/or other merit-based awards to further their education. In a similar format as an athletic signing ceremony, this is a way to honor students for their achievements in academic and other non-athletic disciplines. This could include, performance and visual arts, debate and forensics, leadership, and service, as well as academic scholarships from colleges/universities or other organizations. This year’s ceremony will be held via Zoom on April 28th at 2:30 PM. Participation in this ceremony is voluntary. Students must submit an intent form by April 19th, 2021 to the Counseling Office. The intent form is available for pick up in the Counseling Office. Students are also responsible for securing a speaker to present on their behalf. If you have questions, please email Mrs. Duncan at email@example.com.
5. Youth FBI Academy
The FBI Kansas City Division will once again be offering its Youth Leadership Academy on Friday, June 25, 2021. Students who are juniors or seniors in the 2021-2022 class are welcome to apply. The Division will select approximately 30 students from the applicant pool. Interested students can pick up an application in the counseling office. Applications are due to the FBI by April 16.
6. Post High School Planning
Many colleges and military recruiters are going virtual this year to provide information and virtual visits to students! If you are interested please click the corresponding links below:
- Park University: Pirate Days - April 12th @ 10:30am You and two guests are invited to this socially distanced, in-person campus event. You must RSVP to attend!
- Grand Canyon University: Informational Meeting, Click Here! - Recurring Anytime Meeting ID: 664 470 3946 Passcode: LopesUp!
- Pittsburg State University: Pitt CARES Freshmen Orientation/Enrollment - Closes in June - Registration opens on February 1st, 2021. CARES will be held June 2021. There is a $50 registration fee to secure their desired CARES date. Since we waived application fees for 2021-2022, students who qualify for a CARES fee waiver need a from submitted on their behalf. The usual qualifications for an application fee waiver apply for the CARES fee waiver. The CARES waiver form is attached.
- House of Heavilin Beauty College: Now Enrolling for 2021 Click here for more details and click here for the Catalog!
Past Big 6 Announcements