Info for Juniors
College Planning for Juniors
Junior Post-Secondary Checklist
- Complete SuperMatch College Search on Family Connection
- Use Family Connection to research Colleges of Interest
- Add at least three (3) colleges to your list of Colleges I’m Thinking About
- Military-bound students begin talking to recruiters
- Attend local college fairs
- Attend College & Career Planning Night
- Take the PSAT for National Merit consideration
- Meet with your counselor to discuss post-secondary plans
- Check admission requirements for the colleges you are thinking about
- Register with the NCAA or NAIA Clearinghouse if you plan to play a sport at the college level
- Take the ACT or SAT test
- Enroll in an ACT prep offered by LPS or complete the ACT Prep Me on Family Connection or contact a private agency
- Visit colleges of interest
- Attend at least one Career Connections event
- Consider an internship or job shadow
- Consider taking at least one AP or Dual Credit class
- Attend Northland CAPS or Career Center Open House
- Revise your resume
- Update your Personal Plan of Study
- Check on your A+ requirements
- Check the Counseling Department Weekly News for college visits at LHS.
Get the Remind App to Receive Texts!
Juniors (Class of 2021): Text: message @h4d929 to the number 81010 Class of 2021
Scholarship Opportunities for Underclassmen
On occasion, our scholarship listing on Family Connection includes scholarships for underclassmen. This is updated daily so please check back regularly!
Log-in to your Naviance Student
- Click on COLLEGES
- Click on SCHOLARSHIP LIST
- Under "browse a category", select UNDERCLASSMEN
These scholarships will be updated regularly, so be sure to check back often for additional opportunities.
If you are interested in applying for the wide range of national scholarship opportunities available to high school students, please check out the links to the right of this message or log-in to Family Connection to access an additional national Scholarship Search tool.