Info for Sophomores
Sophomore Parent Information
Attached is a link to our "Sophomore Parent Night." In lieu of a traditional parent night, we are providing you a virtual screencast to provide you with some basic recommendations for your sophomore. Topics include, suggestions for your sophomore, looking ahead to their junior year, off campus opportunites, Naviance as well as additional resources. In addition to the screencast, we have provided you a link to the google slide presentation. That presentation includes links highlighted in red. Click on the red links to explore further information.
College Planning for Sophomores
Sophomore Post-Secondary Checklist
- Get to know your School Counselor
- Research Career of Interest using Family Connection
- Complete the Career of Interest Inventory on Family Connection and add at least two (2) careers to your list
- Update your Personal Plan of Study
- Attend a local college fair
- Take PSAT
- Attend at least one Career Connections event
- Consider taking an AP/Dual Credit class
- Talk to your counselor about NCAA or NAIA if you plan to play a sport at the college level
- Begin researching colleges using Family Connection
- Go to college visits in the summer
- Revise your resume
Scholarship Opportunities for Underclassmen
On occasion, our scholarship listing on Family Connection includes scholarships for underclassmen. This is updated daily so please check back regularly!
Log-in to your Naviance Student
- Click on COLLEGES
- Click on SCHOLARSHIP LIST
- Under "browse a category", select UNDERCLASSMEN
These scholarships will be updated regularly, so be sure to check back often for additional opportunities.
If you are interested in applying for the wide range of national scholarship opportunities available to high school students, please check out the links to the right of this message or log-in to Family Connection to access an additional national Scholarship Search tool.