About Career Centers
LHS has established partnerships with two different career centers in the Greater Kansas City area. Each career center offers programs geared toward high school juniors or seniors. Applications to attend these career centers will be made available during the Course Selection period. For details about each career center, please click on the icons below:
How to Apply
Are you interested in taking classes at the career center next year? Please meet with your counselor to discuss options.
Step One: Set up a shadowing experience! Shadows are required as part of the application process for both career centers.
- Show information for ACC (Excelsior Springs) can be found HERE. Students need to see Mrs. Allison in the counseling office to schedule a shadowing appointment. This Permission Note must be signed by a parent and turned in to the LHS counseling office.
- Shadow information for NCC (Platte City) can be found HERE. Students need to see Mrs. Allison in the counseling office to schedule a shadowing appointment. This Permission Note must be turned into the LHS counseling office. Once an appointment is scheduled, please see THIS document regarding your shadow day.
Step Two: Fill out the applicationThe NCC application link is HERE Deadline is March 1The ACC application link is HERE. Deadline is Feb 17th
ACC will be requiring shadows this year. The shadow calendar can be found on their website HERE.
- Animation & Media
- Automotive Technology
- Carpentry/Construction Technology
- Computer Technology
- Electrical Trades
- Fire Science
- Health Services (1 year)
- Heating and Air Conditioning
- Teaching Professions
NORTHLAND CAREER CENTER (Platte City) - Application
- Agricultural Education
- Aviation Technology
- Construction Technology
- Culinary Arts
- Diesel Technology
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning/Refrigeration
- Health Sciences (1 year)
- Industrial Welding
- IT Professional
- Law Enforcement/CSI
- KC Tech Academy
- Teaching Professions
AM Buses departs in front of LHS at 7:00am Daily
- ACC bus #459
- NCC/KC Tech bus #395
PM Buses departs in front of LHS at 10:50am Daily
- ACC bus #473
- NCC/KC Tech bus #487
On Wednesdays, students must provide their own transportation home from LHS.