MSHSAA Eligibility for High School Student Athletes
To participate in Missouri State High School Activities Association activities (this includes all athletics, cheerleading, pom, academic competitions, Debate, Forensics, band or vocal district/state contests, and theatre competitions), you must pass six (6) credit earning classes in the semester preceding competition and be enrolled in six (6) credit earning classes during the semester of competition.
Thinking of Participating in NCAA/NAIA Sports in College?
ELIGIBILITY CENTER INFORMATION
NCAA Eligibility Information
Important information for junior and senior athletes:
- Junior student athletes who are interested in competing in Division I or Division II collegiate athletics are encouraged to apply to NCAA Clearinghouse at the end of their junior year of high school
- Enroll at the NCAA Eligibility Center
- For more information please visit www.ncaaclearinghouse.net or NCAA Student Guide
Steps to NCAA eligibility:
- Request transcript to be sent to the NCAA Clearinghouse at the end of your junior year. You will do this on Family Connection. See the blue “how-to” flyer in the guidance office.
- ACT/SAT scores must be submitted directly to NCAA. The code is 9999. To request an official score report visit: www.actstudent.org (ACT) or www.collegeboard.com (SAT).
NAIA Eligibility Information
The National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) Eligibility Center is responsible for determining the NAIA eligibility of first-time student-athletes.
Students must meet two of the three requirements:
- Achieve a minimum overall GPA of 2.0
- Achieve a minimum of 18 on the ACT
- Graduate in the top 50% of your high school class
Students may register online at the NAIA Eligibility Center
NAIA does charge a fee for registration.
Steps to NAIA eligibility:
- Request for your transcript to be sent to NAIA. You will do this on Family Connection. See the blue “how-to” flyer in the guidance office.
- You must print and include the transcript cover page on the NAIA website with your request.
- ACT/SAT scores must be submitted directly to NAIA. The code is 9876.
How To Get a Transcript Sent to NCAA or NAIA
Click on COLLEGES I’m Applying to
- To add the college you applied to click on the RED CIRCLE/PLUS SIGN icon.
- Enter NCAA or NAIA
- Select the App Type
- Check I’ve submitted my application
- Click on Add and Request Transcript
- Identify the type of transcript: Initial (beginning of the year), Mid-Year or Final
- Check Unofficial ACT Scores
- Verify that your transcript is being send to NCAA and/or NAIA.
- Click on Request and Finish