Take the ASVAB TEST at LHS!
Testing date is October 26, 2021.
Military Visits to LHS
- TSGT Ryan Masker - (816) 206-7573
- Zona Rosa Office
- 6900 NW 83rd Street, KCMO 64155
AIR FORCE RESERVES
- SSgt Jose O. Gomez, Line Recruiter - (816) 918-9397
- 4000 South Little Blue Parkway, Independence, MO 64057
- Sgt. Mark Z. Harr - (816) 729-3436.4733
- 8549 North Church Road
- View a short informational introduction HERE
- BM1 Austin Wilder, Recruiter - (816) 527-0441
- Two-Ten Center
- 2334 Armor Road, NKC, MO 64116
- Staff Sergeant Matthew Carnes - (816) 436-3973
- 6900 NW 83rd St, Suite B, KCMO 64152
- Marines Questionnaire
- Marine Option NROTC Scholarship
- Marine Corps Band
- Entry Program Timeline
- Sgt Alexandria Cochran - (660) 351.5682
- 7829 North Oak Trafficway, Kansas City, MO 64118
- Steven Bynum, Navy Recruiter - 816.533.2061
- 6900 N.W. 83rd Street, Suite A, KCMO 64152
US AIR NATIONAL GUARD
- TSgt James Brando - (816) 341.3611
- 7813 N Oak Traffic Way, Kansas City, MO 64118
One option for a four-year college degree is to consider applying to a military academy. It is important to research and begin the application process early on during the junior year of high school; however, academic preparation should begin starting in the freshman year.
UNITED STATES AIR FORCE ACADEMY - Colorado Springs, CO
UNITED STATES COAST GUARD ACADEMY - New London, CT
UNITED STATES MERCHANT MARINE ACADEMY - Kings Point, NY
UNITED STATES MILITARY ACADEMY - West Point, NY
UNITED STATES NAVAL ACADEMY - Annapolis, MD
- The education attained is a first-rate, a four-year degree from a well-respected college, paid for with a full-tuition scholarship.
- Entrance to one of the service academies requires a significant commitment, carrying a military obligation in the respective service.
- Classes, majors, sports and activities can be similar to public or private college experiences, but there is a distinct military orientation to the undergraduate experience.
- Academic preparation should begin early in a student's high school career. The application process should start during the junior year.
- Some of the academies will require a nomination, primarily by a Congressman. Most members of Congress will not process requests after October of the senior year. Qualifications include not only academics but also physical and medical qualifications.
- To contact your Representative or Senator go to the sites below and enter your state of residence.
U.S. House of Representatives http://www.house.gov/
U.S. Senate http://www.senate.gov/