Take the ASVAB TEST at LHS!
The ASVAB was offered on Thursday, Octtober 31. Test results will be sent to LHS and distributed to the student.
Military Visits to LHS
All military representatives will have a table during our lunch shifts. No sign-up required.
AIR FORCE -- 1st Wednesday each month
- SSGT Stephen China - (816) 206-7573
- Zona Rosa Office
- 6900 NW 83rd Street, KCMO 64155
AIR FORCE RESERVES -- 1st Thursday each month
- SSgt Jose O. Gomez, Line Recruiter - (816) 918-9397
- 4000 South Little Blue Parkway, Independence, MO 64057
ARMY -- 1st Tuesday of each month
- Shawn Seymore, Sergeant First Class, Recruiter - (816) 729-2145
- 8549 North Church Road, KCMO 64157
- BM1 Austin Wilder, Recruiter - (816) 527-0441
- Two-Ten Center
- 2334 Armor Road, NKC, MO 64116
MARINES -- 2nd Monday of each month
- Staff Sergeant Philip Meekins - (913) 484-9520
- 6900 NW 83rd St, Suite B, KCMO 64152
NATIONAL GUARD -- 3rd Wednesday of each month
- Micah Juhnke 816-308-3377
NAVY -- 1st Monday of each month
- Steven Bynum, Navy Recruiter - 816.533.2061
- 6900 N.W. 83rd Street, Suite A, KCMO 64152
One option for a four-year college degree is to consider applying to a military academy. It is important to research and begin the application process early on during the junior year of high school; however, academic preparation should begin starting in the freshman year.
UNITED STATES AIR FORCE ACADEMY - Colorado Springs, CO
UNITED STATES COAST GUARD ACADEMY - New London, CT
UNITED STATES MERCHANT MARINE ACADEMY - Kings Point, NY
UNITED STATES MILITARY ACADEMY - West Point, NY
UNITED STATES NAVAL ACADEMY - Annapolis, MD
- The education attained is a first-rate, a four-year degree from a well-respected college, paid for with a full-tuition scholarship.
- Entrance to one of the service academies requires a significant commitment, carrying a military obligation in the respective service.
- Classes, majors, sports and activities can be similar to public or private college experiences, but there is a distinct military orientation to the undergraduate experience.
- Academic preparation should begin early in a student's high school career. The application process should start during the junior year.
- Some of the academies will require a nomination, primarily by a Congressman. Most members of Congress will not process requests after October of the senior year. Qualifications include not only academics but also physical and medical qualifications.
- To contact your Representative or Senator go to the sites below and enter your state of residence.
U.S. House of Representatives http://www.house.gov/
U.S. Senate http://www.senate.gov/