Parent/Guardian Account Creation
Parents/Guradians, you have the ability to create an account in PowerSchool to access real-time information for all of your children in our district in grades K-12. This website is designed to help you create and or update your account.
All LPS students have two "Access Keys" – the Access ID and the Access Password. These are the keys needed to connect a student’s information to a parent’s account. If you have multiple students in the district, you will need to obtain access keys from each student's school for each student. At least one set of Access Keys is required when initially creating a parent account. Additional students can be linked when creating the account, or later on, after the account is set up.
Obtaining your Access Keys
Access Keys are distributed in two ways. The best option is to obtain the Access Keys via the student loging into PowerSchool where the Access Keys are available and giving them to you. The second option is to go to each of your student's schools in person with Photo ID and obtain them from the office. The office will only give these documents to the Parents/Guardians listed in Powerschool.
1. Parents of Elementary students will often receive their student’s Access Keys in person during back to school night or during fall conferences.
2. Parents of Middle and High School students will often receive their student’s Access Keys during Back-to-School Night/ Schedule Pickup.
3. At any other time, parents must come to the school and present a photo ID verifying that they are the person listed in PowerSchool as the Parent/Guardian or have their student get them from the student logging into PowerSchool (easiest process).
4. If a parent is physically unable to come to the school due to location or other circumstances and cannot get the Access Keys from the student, a Parent Portal Mail/Email Waiver must be obtained from the student's school, filled out, and returned to the school with a copy of the parent's photo ID attached.
Creating a Parent Account
1. Go to the District website https://www.lps53.org
2. Then, click For Families, then PowerSchool, then follow the PowerSchool Public Portal link.
3. Next, click on the Create Account tab, then click the Create Account button.
4. Fill out your name, email address, desired username and password.
- Note: Passwords must be at least 8 characters long
-The email address must not already exist in our system
5. Next, link each child to the account using the Web ID and Password Lletter. To do this, type in the child’s name, the Access ID and Access Password for that child, and their relationship to the child. You can link up to 7-students during account creation.
6. Scroll down and click Enter
What to do if you Forget Your Login Information
Recovering Username and/or Password via Email
1. If you have forgotten your public username and/or password, you can go to the public portal sign in page, and click Forgot Username or Password?
a. You can click the “Forgot Password?” tab, type in your username, and the email address associated to your account. If the email address entered is associated with an account, you will receive an email with a link to reset your password.
b. You can click the “Forgot Username?” tab and type in your email address. If the email address entered is associated with an account in our records, you will receive an email showing your username along with a link to reset your password.
2. If you do not receive an email, make sure you check your Spam or Junk folders. The email will be generated from email@example.com. This is not a monitored email address and cannot accept replies.
3. If you still need assistance please contact your student's school.
Linking Additional Students
Link Additional Students to your Parent/Guardian Account
When you log into the Public Portal, you will have tabs across the top of your screen, with all of the student's names that have been linked to your account. To link additional students, perform the following steps:
1. From the login screen, click Account Preferences
2. Click the Students tab, then click Add
3. Fill out the Student’s Name, Access ID and Password (you need the Web ID and Password Letter for your student)
and your relationship to the student, and click Submit.
4. Repeat as needed for additional students.
Problem Solving Steps
If you have an issue with your PowerSchool Parent/Guardian Account you need to contact the office of your student's school who will put you in contact with the designated Administrative Assistant at the building who handles Parent/Guardian accounts.
1. These staff members may assist you with the process of making an account but will not give out the access keys over the phone.
2. If the Administrative Assistant is unable to resolve the issue, the Administrative Assistant will contact the PowerSchool support team for assistance. Parents/Guardians may choose to wait on hold or receive a call back once the support team has had a chance to review the account.