Option 1: Students transport themselves to and from MCC-Maple Woods. Parking passes are free at MCC.
Option 2: Students will be transported directly from their home high school to MCC-Maple Woods, and then returning to their home high school in time to catch the bus home.
*Note - When you sign up for classes make sure your classes start no earlier than 10:45 and end no later than 2:30.
Option 3: Students will be transported directly from their home high school to MCC-Maple Woods, and the student will have alternate transportation home.
*Note - This allows students to take classes that meet later in the afternoon.
Key considerations: You must choose your transportation option and notify LPS immediately if your needs change. Additinoally, consider your after school activities when planning your transporation.
Inclement Weather Information (for 19-20 Only)
If LPS is closed or on a late start and MCC remains open the following process should be followed by Early College Students:
Drivers if LPS is closed:
- The first priority is student safety. As a family, make a determination if the conditions are such that your student can drive to and from MCC safely.
- If you choose to have your student drive, have them give themselves plenty of time to drive to MCC for class.
- If you choose not to allow your student to drive, consider driving them to class and picking them up when done if possible.
- If those options do not work and your student will be unable to attend class, your student must communicate with each instructor that day to inform them they are unable to make it to school due to road conditions and follow the instructors’ processes for when a class is missed.
- Notify Dr. Saluri via email that you will not attend class as well if that is what you decide.
Drivers if LPS is on a 2-Hour Late Start:1. Safety is always the first priority so make sure road conditions are acceptable for you.2. You would not attend your LPS classes 1st and 2nd hour.3. I will notify your homeschool to mark your attendance as Activity (ACT) which is a present code.
Bus Riders if LPS is closed:
- Again, the first priority is student safety. On a snow day, the LPS transportation department will make a determination if road conditions will allow for LPS to provide transportation or not.
- Dr. Saluri will email all bus riders of the decision made by transportation no later than 8:00 AM on aninclementweather day.
- If the LPS transportation department determines that the roads are safe to provide transportation, they will follow the transportation process used for non-school days for the students who ride the bus normally.
- If the LPS transportation department determines the roads are not safe enough for bus travel, your family can determine if you have an alternate transportation option to get your student to and from MCC safely.
- If LPS cannot provide transportation and your student does not have an alternate method of getting to and from MCC, your student must communicate with each instructor that day to inform them they are unable to make it to school due to road conditions and follow the instructors’ processes for when a class is missed.
- Notify Dr. Saluri via email that you will not attend class as well if that is the decision.
Bus Riders if LPS is on a 2-Hour Late Start:1. For now (if we have a late start this week - I have no advanced knowledge) - plan on riding the bus to school as normal and I will let transportation know they need to pick you up at your schools and go. If this happens, send an email to your instructor for 11:00 classes that you may be late due to transportation.2. I will work with transportation to see if there is another option to get you to MCC by the normal time in the event of any future 2-hour late starts.3. You will also not attend your 1st and 2nd hour LPS classes. You will also be marked as Activity as a present code.