Incoming Freshmen Information
Hello Future LHS Freshmen!
We are excited that you will soon be part of the student body at Liberty High School!
Incoming Freshman Parent Night Presentation
- We will be posting the 2022-2023 presentation Thursday, Feb. 9th.
When will I sign up for my 9th grade classes?
- February 9 - DMS Counselors will present a lesson on course catalog, course selection forms/how to fill them out and information about high school classes.
- February 10 - LMS Counselors will present a lesson on course catalog, course selection forms/how to fill them out and information about high school classes.
- February 22 - LMS Counselors will present a lesson on entering courses into the database and collect course selection forms.
- February 23 - DMS Counselors will present a lesson on entering courses into the database and collect course selection forms.
How can I find out about the classes at LHS?
- Virtual Academic Fair: Explore all the courses and programs offered at LHS!
- Course Catalog: Check out course descriptions and what type of credit you will earn!
- Application page: Don’t miss the deadline if you are planning to take a class that requires an application!
How do I know what classes to select for specific careers?
Check out the Liberty Pathways page to discover suggested coursework for career interest areas!
How can I plan for classes after 9th grade?
- High School Counselors will work with you on your Individual Career and Academic Plan (ICAP) throughout your 4 years of high school.
Will there be a parent night for incoming freshmen information?
YES! We have scheduled that event on February 8th @ 6:00pm in the PAC!
What does a typical freshmen schedule look like?
- Core course placement is dependent upon teacher recommendation, students course history, course offerings etc.
English: English 9, Pre-AP English 9, Gifted English 9 or English 9 Essentials
Math: Algebra 1, Geometry or Algebra II/Advanced Algebra II
Science: Biology or Honors Biology
Social Studies: American History or AP Human Geography
Three additional credits: Possible options listed below
What are the LPS graduation requirements?
- Did you know the class of 2025 and beyond have three diploma options? Check out the diploma options HERE!
How can I find out information about the LHS clubs?
- Check out the LHS Club page to find out about clubs at LHS! A great way to be involved!
How can I find out more information about LHS athletics?
- Thinking about participating in sports at LHS? Check out the LHS Athletics website!
Are you interested in LHS Fine Arts?
- LPS has great programs to help you flourish in the arts! Click HERE for The LPS Fine Arts!
What is the A+ Program? How does it benefit a student?
- Check out the A+ page for all the information!
What does the bell schedule look like at LHS?
- Go to the LHS main website and click on Bell Schedules on the right hand side!
What is FLEX hour?
- All students have a FLEX hour on their schedule! Learn all about FLEX HERE!
Who are the LHS Counselors & Social Workers?
- Check out this page to find out!