- Liberty 53 School District
- General Information
Board Places No-Tax-Increase Bond Issue on April 3, 2018 Ballot
Responding to the need for additional learning space, safety and security upgrades, and maintenance of existing facility needs, the Liberty School District Board of Education voted unanimously on Tuesday, January 16, 2018, to place a $49 million no-tax-increase bond issue on the April 3, 2018, ballot.
The Board’s decision to place an issue on the April ballot comes after a multi-year, long-range planning process that included significant community input from LPS stakeholders. Hundreds of parents, staff, and community members participated in input meetings, Vision 20/20 committee meetings, staff input meetings, Board collaborative work sessions, and patron surveys.
“Thanks to the work of our Board of Education in recent years to find creative ways in managing our existing debt, we are now in a position to go to our community with a ballot measure that will be a no-tax-increase issue,” said LPS Superintendent Dr. Jeremy Tucker. “We are also grateful to the LPS stakeholders who have engaged in this process and who have contributed so much to allow us to reach this point, and with a plan that makes sense moving forward”.
The proposal will call for the construction of additions to existing buildings in order to accommodate projections for continued growth.
If passed, the following building projects have been identified for completion:
- Early Childhood Center: Safety and Security Upgrades
- Franklin Elementary: Safety and Security Upgrades and Building Addition
- Heritage Middle School: Restroom Renovations
- Liberty High School: Construction of a Theater, Additional Fine Arts Space, Additional Parking, Heating and Cooling Replacement, Restroom Renovations, and Accessibility Enhancements
- Liberty Middle School: Safety and Security Upgrades, Gymnasium Upgrades, and Accessibility Enhancements
- Liberty North High School: Safety and Security Upgrades, Additional Classroom Space, Additional Parking
- Manor Hill Elementary: Safety and Security Upgrades
- Lillian Schumacher Elementary: Safety and Security Upgrades
- District-Wide Innovative Learning Upgrades
- Land Acquisition for Future Projects
LPS will be announcing several informational meeting dates in the coming weeks, both for internal and external audiences. If you have any additional questions regarding the April 3, 2018 No-Tax-Increase Bond Issue, contact LPS Director of Communications and Marketing Dallas Ackerman.