Hours of Operation: School hours will be from 8:25 a.m - 3:00 p.m.
Transportation: Parents/guardians will be responsible for transportation to and from school. At a parent information evening, families will have opportunities to connect and create carpool partnerships.
Calendar: EPiC will have a continuous school calendar with 16 additional required attendance days and other minor differences from the LPS district calendar.
Parent/Family Engagement: Parent and/or guardian will be expected to complete 10 hours of volunteer support annually per family. Participation can include volunteering, attending school functions, etc. These hours can be completed in a variety of ways to make it convenient for families either during school, after school or from home.
Specialized District Programs: A few district programs are only offered at limited sites and will not be available at EPiC. The programs include English Language Learners (ELL), Essential Skills Classroom (ESC), and Therapeutic Learning Center (TLC).
Kids Zone: Before and after school care will be available for students through the Liberty Public School’s fee-based Kid’s Zone Program. Kid’s Zone is also available when school is not in session on specified dates.
Lottery Enrollment Process
- EPiC will enroll up to 300 (50 per grade level-K-5) students from across the LPS district. Initial lottery slots will be allocated on an equal percentage basis (approximately 5%) to the current 10 elementary sites. After initial enrollment, students will be placed into the school from the created waiting list. In order to maintain equal opportunity throughout the LPS system students will be placed on a rotation basis from each of the current LPS elementary sites. Any seats not filled for a school site will be distributed to the remaining schools.
- EPiC enrollment is based on a family household lottery system. When a child is selected through the lottery system, all immediate siblings in the family household will be eligible for placement based on availability in the designated grade level and if there are seats remaining available for their home school site. If there is not an opening,siblings will be placed on the waiting list in the order created through the lottery process.
- An external third party will create the randomized list for lottery placement.
- Student placement letters/emails will be delivered after lottery process is complete and parents will have 5 days to confirm their acceptance of placement. The date by which confirmation must be received will be listed in the letter.
- Students who are not selected through the lottery will be placed on a waiting list and offered enrollment as seats become available – the same school rotation process will be used. Students who are not selected through the lottery process must be enrolled and attend a Liberty school to remain on the waiting list.
- Students will only be allowed to transfer from EPiC Elementary and back to their home school at the end of each semester.
- Seats which become available throughout the semester will be filled at the beginning of each semester using the waiting list.
- Students will remain on the waiting list as long as they are enrolled in LPS until they are placed at EPiC, or until removed from the list in writing by parent/guardian, or are no longer eligible due to advancing to the sixth grade.
- All LPS staff employed in an exempt, certificated position at EPiC and a resident of the district will be allowed to enroll their students in EPiC. If no seats are available, the student will be placed at the top of the waiting list.
- All resident, non-exempt, LPS staff employed at EPiC must request enrollment through the lottery system.
- If a student opts to move back to his/her home school, the student will not be eligible to complete an enrollment request form until the following school year.
- The enrollment request process for new applicants will occur annually in late winter and will be open online for a period of 3 weeks. The timeline will be publicized through multiple district communication avenues.