2019-2020 Senior Yearbook Portrait/Cap and Gown Information
Reed Portrait Group (RPG) is your official yearbook photographer.
RPG will take SENIOR YEARBOOK PORTRAITS/CAP AND GOWN PHOTOS during the summer for the 2019-20 yearbook.
You must schedule a time to sit for your Senior Yearbook Portrait, in order for it to be placed in the Senior Section of the yearbook.
Cap and gown portraits will be taken at the same sitting. The cap and gown will be furnished for this portrait. Please be aware that your hands will show in the cap and gown portrait. The cap and gown proofs will be mailed to you after the first of the year.
- There is a $5 sitting fee due at the time of your appointment.
- All portraits will be taken from the waist up on a blue-grey, painted background. It is recommended that you do not wear tank tops, tube tops, clothing with provocative sayings, or ripped clothing.
- Proofs of all your yearbook portraits will be shown to you so that you may select the pose you wish to appear in the yearbook.
- Your hands will show in the Cap and Gown portrait.
Please call RPG as soon as possible at 816.436.5550 to schedule an appointment.
Appointments may be scheduled at one of two locations:
- RPG Studios (7821 N Oak Trafficway Kansas City, MO 64118). If you would like to take advantage of scheduling your shoot at the RPG Studios, which includes the opportunity to select which portrait goes into the yearbook as well as the cap and gown photos, please make sure your appointment is completed by Friday, October 11th, 2019.
- Liberty NORTH High School (1000 NE 104th Street, Liberty, MO 64068). Portraits will be taken in the LMC, during the week of July 8th – 15th.
Please note: Pictures taken at Back to School Days (Aug 6th & 7th), or make-up photo days once school has started, will NOT include a Cap & Gown portrait of the senior student.
Sincerely, Jamie Gumina
The Spectator Advisor
Students selected for this course will have the opportunity to become a published writer and the responsibility of producing The Spectator yearbook. While designing the pages of the yearbook, students will be instructed in basic principles of magazine layout, design and graphic arts. Students will also write feature stories (in AP style) to be used in the various sections and put together sidebar creations throughout. Staffers are able to learn new techniques and take on new important roles in leadership and management. They are also invited to partake in many workshops around KC and the state. This class is a real resume builder! You must fill out an online application to be considered.
Students selected for this course learn various techniques in taking and developing photographs. A primary goal is to provide pictures for the yearbook, but staffers will also get a chance to partake in many photography contests and workshops. The average assignments send our photographers back stage at plays, to the sidelines of games and even to the front of our assemblies. All students will have the opportunity to write captions (in AP style) and move up in responsibility and growth. This class will build your portfolio! You must fill out an online application to be considered.
Pre-order Yearbook Sales for the 2018-2019 school year have closed. A limited supply of Yearbooks will be available on a first-come, first-served basis, during distribution in May.
Congratulations Emily Black for getting 2nd place in the Photo of the Month Contest!
Caption: Sophomore Javion Byers goes for a two-pointer against Kearney High School. Byers is back in the game, for the first time this school year, after being out with an injury for most of the season. "It was a difficult process going through physical therapy, but all the guys on the team were there for me through recovery and it feels awesome to finally be back."