LHS Enrollment Information for 8th graders:
Hybrid students will be receiving their information in their Advisory classes. Virtual students will be receiving their information in their History class.
January 14 - 15: Virtual and Hybrid students receive information about courses and how to fill out their course selection form.
January 28 - 29: Virtual and Hybrid students receive information on how to enter their courses in Powerschool and turn in their course selection form.
February: LHS Counselors will meet with students to confirm course selection. Virtual students will receive information on how and when they can Zoom with a counselor. Hybrid students will be meeting with the counselors face to face at the middle school.
LHS Virtual Academic Fair Is Open!!
The LHS Virtual Academic Fair is your chance to explore and learn about all of the great opportunities available at LHS! Click HERE to discover information about the classes and programs offered at LHS!
The Virtual Academic Fair includes presentations from every department and program at LHS! You will also find special presentations just for incoming freshmen parents and students!
We are excited you will be joining our LHS community next year! We look forward to working with all of the incoming freshmen during the course selection process!
Screencast for enrollment:
Powerpoint for enrollment: https://docs.google.com/
presentation/d/ 1XBzbYuazouGqZxYU6clbBWcan1OuZ hhFm8FtEmLXiJ4/edit?usp= sharing
8th grade families: Check out a new learning opportunity for grades 9-12
There is much more to learn about this program. Check out this link for more information as well as getting signed up for upcoming informational meetings.
Information on Advanced Classes
How do I know if taking an advanced class (ELA or Math) is right for me? Talk to your teacher, your parents, your school counselor.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you find that this course is easy for you? Does your grade reflect this perception?
- Do you like this course? (If you don't, then advanced is not for you!)
- Are you willing to put in more time outside of school than you currently do?
- Do you feel like you can be given a difficult task and not give up on it?
- Do you think your parent would want you to take this class? Why or why not?
- Do you think you understand the class content more, the same, or less than your peers in the class?
- Do you think you produce quality work faster, at the same pace, or slower than your peers in the class?
Make the decision that is best for you! It does not matter what others choose because in the end, you are doing the work! Refer to the previous requirements to help guide you.
Previous requirements for Advanced Classes: