Current 8th Graders:
LHS Academic Planning and Activity Fair
December 11 at 6pm
Liberty High School
This annual event will include a session about the enrollment process and preparing for life at LHS. Representatives from their academic departments will be hosting booths to provide imformation to help make informed decisions before the students start the enrollment process in January. There will be clubs and organizations to share the great ways to contribute to the positive community at LHS. More information to follow.
Mark your calendars!
January 13: HS Counselors present in Social Studies Classes about 9th grade enrollment
January 21: Enrollment sheets collected by LHS
February 19: Students register for HS courses
Enrollment for Summer School is now open! Use the link below to get connected to more information:
In addition to summer school enrollment, the LPS Academic Services Department is working with the Kauffman Foundation to partner with a company called InPlay. InPlay is a nonprofit online business whose mission is to connect children and youth with out-of-school programs to ignite their individual interests and talents. We invite parents to use this site to quickly find local and affordable afterschool and summer programs for their children. This site also offers special tools to access financial aid.
Information on Advanced Classes
How do I know if taking an advanced class (ELA or Math) is right for me? Talk to your teacher, your parents, your school counselor.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you find that this course is easy for you? Does your grade reflect this perception?
- Do you like this course? (If you don't, then advanced is not for you!)
- Are you willing to put in more time outside of school than you currently do?
- Do you feel like you can be given a difficult task and not give up on it?
- Do you think your parent would want you to take this class? Why or why not?
- Do you think you understand the class content more, the same, or less than your peers in the class?
- Do you think you produce quality work faster, at the same pace, or slower than your peers in the class?
Make the decision that is best for you! It does not matter what others choose because in the end, you are doing the work! Refer to the previous requirements to help guide you.
Previous requirements for Advanced Classes: