Summer School Enrollment
For LHS: Summer school enrollment is open from March 1-April 30. Most classes incoming 9th graders can take are virtual and are done through Canvas. Information about overall summer school format and course descriptions are found in Summer School Course Catalog and Summer School Quick Reference Sheet
For Grades 6-8: Summer School
8th grade families: Check out a new learning opportunity for grades 9-12
There is much more to learn about this program. Check out this link for more information as well as getting signed up for upcoming informational meetings.
2021-22 Course Descriptions for 7th and 8th grade electives
Information on Advanced Classes
How do I know if taking an advanced class (ELA or Math) is right for me? Talk to your teacher, your parents, your school counselor.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you find that this course is easy for you? Does your grade reflect this perception?
- Do you like this course? (If you don't, then advanced is not for you!)
- Are you willing to put in more time outside of school than you currently do?
- Do you feel like you can be given a difficult task and not give up on it?
- Do you think your parent would want you to take this class? Why or why not?
- Do you think you understand the class content more, the same, or less than your peers in the class?
- Do you think you produce quality work faster, at the same pace, or slower than your peers in the class?
Make the decision that is best for you! It does not matter what others choose because in the end, you are doing the work! Refer to the previous requirements to help guide you.
Previous requirements for Advanced Classes: