What is Real World Learning?
Real World Learning experiences will extend beyond the classroom in partnership with mentors and experts from a variety of career fields. Exploratory, experiential, and immersive real world learning opportunities exist for all learners.
Real World Learning can empower students, by giving them the opportunity to co-create knowledge and learn through mistakes in a safe environment.
Examples of why RWL work experience is worthwhile:
- Brings the working world to life.
- Relate your studies to the world of work.
- Learn new skills.
- Looks great on a resume.
- Improve your employability post High School and College.
- Helps you find the right work experience.
- RWL Students are better prepared for learning and work. (Kauffman Foundation)