Q & A Fall 2020
All students at LPS are required to sign an annual AUP for using technology. You can find the link HERE.
We have created a student / printer friendly schedule that can be found HERE. The document is a Google Sheet and all four levels PreK-12 are listed as tabs across the bottom of the document. We have also included a link on each grade level to a PDF that can be printed and/or downloaded.
Attendance - If your child is going to be absent who do you contact
- In Elementary - contact your teacher
- Middle - email all your teachers or the specific one if missing one class
- High - email all your teachers or the specific one if missing one class
- Trouble ordering
- Pick up information
Canvas, Seesaw, or Zoom troubles/questions - email your teacher
PowerSchool HELP: If you are not able to access your schedule on PowerSchool, troubleshoot with this first: click on grades/attendance then click on the Liberty Virtual School Tab.
- PowerSchool Trouble
- Device is not working
- Access to wireless
- if Canvas doesn’t work? Email your Teacher (of the class you are in at that time if MS/HS)
- if Zoom doesn’t work? Email your Teacher (of the class you are in at that time if MS/HS)
- someone for counseling services for my child? Email or call your Home Building Counselor
- someone about Schedule changes? Email or call your Home Building Counselor
- if I think I want to change from face-to-face or virtual: Admin Asst/Principal/Counselor
- if i have trouble with lunch - call or email Nutrition Services
- if I forget my password? - call the Help Desk (736-7078)
- if My ipad doesn’t work? - call the Help Desk (736-7078)
- if I haven’t heard from my child’s teacher? 736-5320 Dept of Innovation & Learning
- to explain that my child will be absent? Email your child’s teacher
The virtual supply list is unique from the face to face home school and recommended but not required. Teachers will try to utilize materials students have at home when possible. Your student’s supply list can be found on our Liberty Virtual School website.
Pickup of district issued devices will be at your student’s home school (the school your student would attend if they were attending face to face). If you are unable to pick up your child’s device at the home school's designated pick up day and time, please call (816) 736-5320 for more information.
Parents may need to help students to set-up their virtual learning system using our how-to videos available on our Canvas site. This is especially important for our newest elementary learners. Our teachers will be engaging students in zoom on the first day of school to explain many of the procedures necessary to have school virtually.
If you are unable to access Canvas on the first day of classes, please send your teacher an email and call the Technology HelpDesk at (816) 736-7078 for assistance.
Schedules are being determined at this time. We are working with home schools to get placements and schedules finalized.
Virtual learning will look different from the spring; there is an expectation for students to participate in daily zooms and parents/caregivers will be their learning managers. Grade level specific daily schedules can be found on our Liberty Virtual School website.
This will be the home of our parent email correspondence and welcome to all 2020 and will be updated shortly.