All parents want their students to learn the safe and correct skills for operating a vehicle.
The Liberty Public Schools Driver’s Education Program is the answer. This program is offered during the summer months each year, starting about the same time as Summer School. Students receive instruction from state certified, professional instructors, both in the classroom and behind the wheel.
What we offer:
- All Instructors are State of Missouri Department of Education Certified.
- Instruction is individualized to meet the need of each student and their experience level.
- Students receive a Certificate of Completion after the successful completion of the course.
- Behind the wheel instruction and observation takes place in leased cars from Gary Crossley Ford. Each vehicle is inspected and equipped with all the necessary safety features including air bags and an instructor side brake pedal.
- All students receive a copy of the Department of Revenue Driver Guide.
- All students complete Driver Guide chapter questions in preparation for the written portion of the State of Missouri Driver Examination.
- Students receive 12 behind the wheel instructional lessons. Each focused on different driving skills needed to pass the State Driving Test. (Total of 6 hours behind the wheel)
- Each student completes 12 hours of in car observation with the instructor.
- Each student receives 8 hours of class room instruction. Students learn essential driving skills and information from a certified driving instructor, and guest speakers such as the Missouri
- Department of Transportation Engineers, State Troopers, Liberty Police Officers, and Union Pacific Railroad Engineers.
- Your choice of driving time, six different time slots.
- Best Value!!! We offer more instruction for less money than other area programs. Please compare.
Driver’s Education Enrollment Taking Place!
All parents want their students to learn the safe and correct skills for operating a vehicle. The Liberty Public Schools Driver’s Education Program is the answer. This program is offered during the summer months each year, starting about the same time as the summer school program. Students receive instruction from state certified, professional instructors, both in the classroom and behind the wheel.
Driving Times and Prices
Driver’s Education will be held at Liberty High School. The course will begin with an all-day classroom session. Student will choose to attend either May 25 or May 29. Driving with an instructor will begin following the classroom sessions, but in some cases, driving will occur prior to May 30 if that is best for the instructor and student. Driving will occur during the month of June. In rare cases will driving instruction last into July.
Driving times available are as follows:
- 7:30-9:00 AM
- 9:00 – 10:30 AM
- 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM
- 1:00 – 2:30 PM
- 2:30 – 4:00 PM
- 4:00 – 5:30 PM (for all-day summer school students only)
Cost is $330 until May 1. After May 1 the cost will be $375. Students who live outside the Liberty Public School boundaries are welcome to attend for $430. Payments can be made online or with a check or money order. There are no scholarships or financial assistance for this program.
Parents must provide a copy of their car insurance to keep on file during the course.
If your student is attending Summer School, we are in the process of confirming a shuttle bus to and from the high schools during summer school so that students will be able to have transportation to Liberty High School.
Please contact Lois Magnuson at 736.7046 for additional questions.