Liberty Public Schools Enrollment Information
Hello and welcome to Liberty Public Schools!
All enrollments to LPS start with an online enrollment process. During that enrollment process, you will be asked to declare whether you would like to enroll your student in face-to-face in-person learning or whether you would like to enroll your student in the Liberty Virtual School.
To help prepare you to answer that question, here is some basic information to get you started:
Face to Face
Face to face students attend their assigned school building during the school day. Students will work with their counselors to choose courses for the school year.
High school students who are looking to do a combination of face to face and online learning can discuss course options with their counselor.
Liberty Virtual School
Liberty Virtual School offers options for students in the following ways:
- Elementary virtual students attend their synchronous (at a scheduled time) classes 5 days a week attending regular reading, math, science and social studies classes in addition to some synchronous and some asynchronous specials classes each week.
- Middle School virtual students also attend a combination of synchronous and asynchronous classes 5 days a week with a limited variety of courses offered for electives.
- High School students enrolled in LVS will be offered a variety of learning options with classes that are synchronous and asynchronous, depending upon the needs of the student. The student's counselor will work with each student to determine what classes are needed and how those requirements can be delivered to the student to best fit the student's needs.
2021-2022: New Student Enrollment is now OPEN for K-12th Grade!
Click here to begin the online enrollment process for the 21-22 school year.
*Must be 5 years old on or before July 31, 2021 to be eligible for Kindergarten*
Pre-K Enrollment: Please contact the Early Childhood Center at 816-736-5324
Families that will be enrolling new students in the Liberty Public School District will start the process online.
The 3 steps to enroll your child are provided below:
Step 1: The process can begin from the comforts of your own home using your home computer (or any computer with Internet access). Please choose the correct school year above to begin the enrollment process.
*Para obtener la versión en Español de nuestro formulario inscripción para nuevos estudiantes, vaya a LPS PowerSchool Enrollment- Spanish.
Step 2: If you're not sure which LPS school your child is to attend, simply click here. If you would have further questions, don't hesitate to call the LPS Transportation Office at 736-5360.
Step 3: Please be prepared to upload the following documents for your new student enrollment. If you are unable to upload them electronically, please contact your student's school for other options.
- Parent/Legal Guardian - Photo ID
- Current proofs of residency- all must be dated within 60 days
- 2 different utility bills - gas, water, or electric only (with name, date and service address)
- OR a lease agreement
- OR a non-contingent sales contract
- OR a settlement statement
- Your child's state-issued birth certificate
- Your child's immunization record