Liberty North High School is committed to the philosophy that every student should attend every class, every day in order to have a successful academic experience. Learning to participate in group discussions, developing an appreciation for the views and abilities of other students, and forming the habit of regular attendance are legitimate objectives for any course. Learning lost due to absence can never be adequately replaced. Please familiarize yourself with the attendance office procedures below. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
The LNHS Attendance Office can be called directly at 816-736-5511. Please save this number in your phone!
If you are needing your student dismissed early from school, please call the Attendance office as early as possible, in the morning. If you are unable to call in the morning, we ask that a minimum of 30 minutes is allowed, prior to the requested dismissal, for ample time to locate your student and have them ready for check-out at the time requested. Please call the Attendance office no later than 2:00 p.m. for all early dismissal requests of 2:30 p.m. or later.
What information do I need to know when calling the Attendance Office?
There are many occasions when the attendance office experiences a high volume of calls. If you reach our voicemail, please do not hang up and call again. Leaving a message will keep your place in line and will allow us to assist you more quickly. Voice messages receive priority over incoming calls.
The following information will help when you call the attendance number, 816-
736-5511 to report an absence:
1. Your name and relationship to the student
2. Student's name and spelling of last name
3. Grade of student
4. Reason for absence
5. Date of absence
What if I need to call in a student absence, or check my student out early for a doctor's appointment, or other personal reason?
- It is the responsibility of the parents or guardians to contact the Attendance Office and state the reason for your child's absence. Only parents, guardians, or a person on the student’s FERPA list are able to excuse an absence, tardy, or release a student from school. For your convenience, a phone answering machine will be in operation 24 hours, 7 days a week. Please call before 8:30 a.m. if your child will be absent from school. The attendance office number is 816-736-5511
- If your student has an undiagnosed illness such as a head cold, upset stomach, etc. and will miss one day of school, please call the Attendance office at 816-736-5511.
- If your child has had a surgery, broken bone, or a diagnosed illness (influenza, mono, bronchitis, etc.), please call the Nurse's office first- visit with a Nurse - and then they will transfer you to the Attendance office for appropriate documentation in PowerSchool of your student's absence.
- Please call the Attendance Office PRIOR to 2:00 p.m. Without parent permission, a student may not leave the building. Once you call the Attendance Office and let them know what time your child needs to leave, your student will be sent a pass to check out through the Attendance office at the appropriate time. If a student does not check out through the Attendance Office, they will not be marked Excused, even if a parent has called.