Lillian Schumacher Re-entry Plan - 8.20.20
Dear Lillian Schmacher Parents,
We look forward to seeing your child on our first day of school, Tuesday, September 8th. We hope the information shared below will support you as we move closer to the beginning of the 2020-2021 school year.
Monday, August 31st - Deadline to change your learning option from either Virtual or Face-to-Face
Tuesday, September 1st - Class Placement letters will be sent to families via email beginning at 12:00 pm (noon).
Tuesday, September 8th - First day of classes for the 2020-2021 school year
LPS staff across the school district have been working on procedural details to support families and school staff. Please see the information below to see how we at Lillian Schumacher will implement these procedures for Face-to-Face instruction.
- Exterior doors utilized for student arrival will be propped open with adequate staff supervision to allow for a “no touch” arrival. Students will not touch doors to access the school building.
- Staff will not open or close car doors when assisting at the car rider line.
- Upon arrival, students will report directly to their individual classrooms.
- To-Go breakfast options will be available at the front door for those students who eat a school breakfast.
- Students will eat breakfast at their individual seat, in the classroom.
Classroom Configuration (Seating)
- Student desks will be placed to allow for 6 feet of physical distancing between all students and staff.
- Large tables have been removed and replaced with individual student desks.
- Students will have assigned seats throughout the school year.
- Visual cues will be placed in areas around the school and classrooms to enable 6 feet of physical distancing.
- Students will maintain their own individual sets of classroom materials stored in district provided containers.
- Teachers will make every effort to have classroom resources and supplies distributed ahead of time to limit paper materials being passed out.
- When possible, teachers are encouraged to utilize tech tools rather than paper materials.
- Teachers are encouraged to prepackage individual sets of classroom manipulatives for students such as math manipulatives, rulers, PLTW supplies, etc.
- Students should not share supplies. Teachers will not collect student provided supplies for a general classroom supply.
- All school staff and visitors are required to wear a mask.
- Students K-12th grade will be required to bring a mask to school and wear it each day.
- Masks with exhalation valves will not be allowed as they can promote the spread of infection.
- Cloth face coverings should be washed daily and when soiled.
- Staff and students should be reminded regularly of proper mask wearing. Proper mask wearing includes hand hygiene before putting the mask on and taking it off, avoidance of touching their mask, and ensuring the mask covers the mouth and nose.
- Masks should be properly labeled to ensure the masks are not shared between students.
- Masks may be removed to eat, drink, participate in active outdoor recess, participate in outdoor physical education activities and indoor physical education.
- Students may be able to lower their mask (with permission only) when a clear 6+ foot social distance can be maintained for an extended period of time.
- Updated expectations and requirements regarding the use of masks in schools will be issued by local health agencies and the procedures of LPS will be communicated prior to the first day of face-to-face school.
- Regardless of virtual or face-to-face learning, ALL students enrolled in Liberty Public Schools for 2020-2021 must be current on all immunizations prior to the start of the school year.
- Students and staff will wash or sanitize hands at regular intervals throughout the school day.
- Proper Hand washing techniques will be taught and reinforced.
- Students will wash and sanitize their hands as a part of any transition from one space to another throughout the school day. (Examples include but not limited to - specials, recess, small group instruction via pull out services)
- Lunch will be held inside the classroom to maintain student cohorting.
- Classes will have the opportunity to eat outside as the weather dictates.
- Families will have the option to pre order their student’s lunches which will be delivered directly to the classroom.
- As always, bringing lunch from home is acceptable.
- To begin the school year, recess will occur within each classroom cohort.
- Every classroom will have their own set of playground equipment.
- Each classroom will have assigned recess locations on a rotating daily schedule.
- Students will travel to Specials with their classroom cohort.
- Students will participate in one Special (Art, Music, PE, Library) per week.
- Classroom locations have been reorganized around the school to allow for physical distancing during Specials classes.
- Students with disabilities must be offered the same educational opportunities as all students during reentry.
- Students will be provided specialized instruction either virtually or face to face. An IEP team may determine FAPE can only be provided with a hybrid model (i.e. a visually impaired student with orientation and mobility as a related service).
- In accordance with district guidance regarding visitors, it is encouraged that eligibility and IEP meetings with parents be held virtually unless there are extenuating circumstances.
Visitors and Volunteers
- Information for parents about volunteering and/or subbing for the school district will be coming soon.
Our staff is very much looking forward to partnering with you and your child this school year. We have deeply missed our time together. Should you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Lillian Schumacher Principal