Frequently Asked Questions
What is Creative Arts Academy?
Creative Arts Academy is a summer program offered by the LPS Fine Arts Department in conjunction with the LPS Summer School program for students entering 6th - 8th grade in the 2021-2022 school year. This summer two classes will be offered in the morning and afternoon of each session: Center Stage and Design Studio. Center Stage students will focus on musical production including performance and technical skills. Design Studio students will create the set, props, and other design elements of the production.
What shows are being produced?
Session 1 is FROZEN KIDS and Session 2 is JUNGLE BOOK KIDS. Students in the morning (A) and afternoon (B) classes will produce separate shows.
Will students be able to perform these shows in front of an audience?
Yes, performances of each musical production for a live, limited audience* are scheduled for:
TUESDAY, JUNE 15 - FROZEN KIDS
- 6:00 PM - Session 1A (morning classes)
- 7:00 PM - Session 1B (afternoon clasees)
WEDNESDAY JUNE 30 - JUNGLE BOOK KIDS
- 6:00 PM - Session 2A (morning classes)
- 7:00 PM - Session 2B (afternoon classes)
*Subject to COVID-19 guidelines on these dates.
Where is Creative Arts Academy located?
Liberty High School Performing Arts Center
200 Blue Jay Drive, Liberty
What are the dates for Creative Arts Academy?
SESSION 1: Thursday, June 3 – Tuesday, June 15, 2021
SESSION 2: Wednesday, June 16 – Wednesday, June 30, 2021
What are the class times for Creative Arts Academy?
MORNING (A): 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
AFTERNOON (B): 11:45 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
What classes are offered at Creative Arts Academy?
Center Stage (All aspects of musical production including performance and technical) and Design Studio (Design and create sets, props, decoration for Center Stage). Both classes will be offered in the morning (A) and afternoon (B) of both sessions.
Who can sign up for LPS Creative Arts Academy?
Students entering 6th – 8th grade in the 2021-2022 school year.
Is there a fee for Creative Arts Academy classes?
No. Classes are provided free of charge through the LPS Summer School program.
Do students have to attend Summer School at the middle school in order to enroll in Creative Arts Academy classes at Liberty High School?
No, but CAA is an extension of LPS Summer School, so enrollment is done through the same website: www.lps53.org/summerschool. Enrollment begins Wednesday, March 3.
Can students sign up for both sessions of morning and afternoon classes of Creative Arts Academy?
Yes. Students are welcome to enroll in either or both sessions of morning and/or afternoon classes. Full-day CAA students will participate in both Center Stage and Design Studio.
Will lunch be provided at Liberty High School for students who enroll in the morning and afternoon classes of Creative Arts Academy?
No. Students enrolled in the full-day Creative Arts Academy program will need to bring a sack lunch daily. Students enrolled in LPS Summer School will eat lunch at the LMS campus.
Is there transportation provided for Creative Arts Academy classes at LHS?
- Students who attend Creative Arts Academy classes at LHS only:
- Parents are responsible for all transportation to and from LHS.
- Students who attend the Creative Arts Academy morning class and LPS Summer School classes in the afternoon at LMS:
- Parents are responsible for dropping students off at LHS in the morning (7:45-8:00 a.m.).
- LPS will provide a shuttle bus to the LMS campus for afternoon classes.
- LPS will transport students to home address after school (unless other arrangements are made by the parent).
- Students who attend LPS Summer School classes in the morning at LMS and afternoon classes at Creative Arts Academy in the afternoon:
- LPS will transport students from home address to LMS campus in the morning (unless other arrangements are made by the parent).
- LPS will provide a shuttle bus to LHS for afternoon classes.
- Parents are responsible for picking up students at LHS in the afternoon (2:45-3:00 p.m.).